B&B Het hof van petronilla is situated in Gooik, also known as the Pearl of the Pajottenland-region.
The region, with its lovely parks and castles, lies at a mere 25 km (= about 16 miles) out of Brussels and is a true oasis of quite and silence for bikers an hikers.
At about 500 meters (= 550 yards),in the community center "De Cam", you can find the folk instrument museum with a large collection of old and new folk instruments. Many walking- and biking routes, moutenbike trails and carriage rides start or pass this location:
- Marivoet walking route (9km)
- Mountainbike trail of Gooik
- Koornmolen walking route (10km)
- Woestijn walking trail (9km)
- Koornmolen bike route (35km)
Many more routes,trails and sights available in the pajottenland-region:
- Castles: Gaasbeek, Dilbeek, Vlezenbeek, ...
- Musea: The Belgian Draught-horse Museum, folk instrument museum, tram site, ...
- Breweries, chocolatier and artisanal cheese making
More information is available at the reception, just ask your host Gerda.